Local departures to Bangkok
Variously known as the City of Angels and The Big Mango, Bangkok's historical importance stemmed from the fact it was located roughly halfway between China and India though it is nothing like either of those empires. These days the one-time trading post has grown into a modern metropolis that has maintained its links to the past. So while air-conditioned malls cater for a shopper's every need and desire, the magnificent Grand Palace, the nearby Wat Pho as well as the Wat Arun Buddhist temples cater for all manner of spiritual needs.
Not to be outdone by Asian counterparts such as Tokyo, Shanghai and Ho Chi Minh City, anyone taking cheap flights to Bangkok can expect to eat well. Whether it's a quick bite at a local market, one of the countless carts occupying seemingly every street corner or a gourmet meal at one of the city's celebrity chef resturants (Nahm, Sra Bua and Zuma for starters) no one will go hungry here.
To work off the calories, try hitting the local museums. Flights to Bangkok are made all the more worthwhile by the various heritage sites throughout the city. The Bangkok National Museum is a natural starting point but don't stop there. Take in the charm of the Folk Museum, the almost as good as the real thing Museum of Counterfeit Goods and the curious Corrections Museum.
Airports for Bangkok
Cheapest flights to Thailand
How much do things cost in Bangkok?
More information about Bangkok
- Treat yourself and enjoy pure luxury with the range of business flights to Thailand.
- Don’t miss out on last minute Bangkok flights – pick up great bargains to make your holiday money go further.
- Explore Bangkok’s six vibrant nightlife districts packed with bars and clubs where you can dance until dawn.
- Select your departure point from the links above to find the latest flight deals to Bangkok.
- Experience Bangkok’s local delights from tuk-tuk rides to Muay Thai (kickboxing) matches and traditional massages.
- Discover Bangkok's beautiful Wat Phra Kaew, the Temple of the Emerald Buddha and the magnificent Grand Palace.
- Direct Bangkok flights operate frequently from Heathrow with airlines including BA, Thai Airways and EVA Air.
- Leave room in your suitcase as you’ll find fantastic bargains from silks to sweets in the famous Patpong night market.
- Enjoy a fabulous meal under the stars and great city views on dinner cruise trip along the Chao Phraya River.