Local departures to London
Located on the River Thames sits the capital and largest city of both the United Kingdom and of England. Its history going back to its founding by the Romans. More than 300 languages are spoken here and you'll find a wealth of different cultures and communities throughout. With its rich history and cultures, there’s something for everybody to enjoy when visiting this city.
Spread out throughout the city you will find an outstanding collection of world class museums. The majority of the museums are free of charge which makes it easy to fill your day with a few visits.
Although being a city there are many parks scattered around London, also know as ‘the green lungs’. With eight royal parks and a large variety of gardens and parks, the city is also one of the greenest capitals of the world. It’s easy to find some piece and quiet, to enjoy a nice stroll and to take in a piece of nature.
If you like shopping then you’ve come to the right place. It’s one of the world’s most fashion conscious cities. High street shops, tiny boutiques and many markets, whatever you’ll be looking for you’re sure to find it here.
Want to grab a bite? With a high concentration of top restaurants, hip culinary neighbourhoods and gastronomic events London has something for all budgets and tastes. From international dishes to the British dish, fish and chips, whatever wets your appetite you can find it here. London is a foodie's heaven.
Another thing that won’t disappoint you while staying in London is the music scene, it’s incredibly diverse. Between huge concerts and small lively pubs, there are hundreds of venues that organise live music on a weekly basis. Getting around London is easy, even for new visitors. With it’s immense underground rail network and overground choices you can get anywhere within just a short time.
Airports for London
Cheapest flights to United Kingdom
How much do things cost in London?
More information about London
- Return flights to London aren’t the only option – London is also your gateway to wider travels in England.
- For posh nosh treat yourselves to a traditional English afternoon tea at The Ritz, The Wolseley or Claridges.
- Direct flights to London operate frequently with all the major airlines to London Gatwick and Heathrow.
- See London’s finest historic landmarks on a tour of St Paul’s Cathedral, Westminster Abbey and Big Ben.
- Discover London in style and enjoy a spectacular view across the city by taking a whirl on the London Eye.
- Sample the very best of the city’s liveliest bars in Soho and Shoreditch or the upmarket clubs of Mayfair.
- Don’t miss out on last minute flights to London – pick up great bargains to make your holiday money go further.
- Enjoy a picnic with Pimms, take a pedalo ride on the lake, or simply watch the world go by in Regent’s Park.