Local departures to Perth
Why go to Perth?
With an all-encompassing mix of urban excitement, miles of attractive beaches and glorious countryside, Western Australia's capital, Perth, draws visitors from all over the world. Tourism tends to focus on the city, which enjoys a cosmopolitan feel and offers such cultural attractions as the Western Australian Maritime Museum, Swan Valley's many wineries and the enormous King's Park, which is one of the largest urban parks in the world.
Shopping features heavily on any tourist's schedule, with outlets for such notable brands as Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Chanel, as well as independent designers, whose works are most often to be found along Hay Street and Rokeby Road. The city is well served by high-quality restaurants and smaller establishments, serving a range of seasonal, local foods.
How to get to city centre from the airport?
It's possible to book a taxi or shuttle bus when you make your holiday arrangements, which saves having to wait, queue or walk for too long, although they can also be used without reservations. Trains and buses are available, although the train service doesn't run overnight and isn't recommended for vulnerable travellers after dark. To save money, a combination of a short taxi journey to the train station or local bus terminus, with the relevant public transport can be an ideal solution.
How to get around Perth?
The public transport system, Transperth, consists of trains, ferries and buses and money-saving passes are available to cover specific zones within the area, for which plenty of information is available from Transperth offices. A separate bus and tram service, the free Central Area Transit (CAT) system, operates throughout the city, with computerised schedules on display at stops, so travellers can find out when the next CAT will arrive. Naturally, taxis can be picked up from a range of sites as well.
When is the best time to visit Perth?
For UK travellers, spring - September to November - and autumn - March to May - are the best times, particularly for those intending to head for the beaches. With average summer highs 32 °C and average winter lows of eight degrees with heavy rainfall, it seems that the moderate months are a far more attractive prospect.
Airports for Perth
Cheapest flights to Australia
How much do things cost in Perth?
More information about Perth
- Journey south to Rockingham and enjoy fishing just off Palm Beach; watch in amazement at the dolphins playing nearby
- Go bushwalking or mountain biking along the rolling hills outside of Perth and get fantastic views over the city
- Sunbathe on any of Perth’s 19 gorgeous white beaches that are some of the best along Australia’s West Coast
- City break, beach holiday or into the Australian bush? There’s all this and more in and around Perth
- You can find discounted airline tickets to Perth from major airlines, but book early to get the best price
- Observe Australia’s indigenous wildlife up close at Perth Zoo, just 5 minutes from the city centre
- Travel to the Northbridge district just outside the city centre and party in Perth’s best bars and nightclubs
- Take a tour around some of Perth’s 40-plus local vineyards in the city’s renowned Swan Valley Region
- Relax in Perth’s beautiful King’s Park and Botanic Garden that comprises over 400 hectares of parks and gardens
- A trip to the vibrant city of Perth in Western Australia promises everything you could want in a holiday
Other user searches
- Cheap flights from Cairns to Barcelona International
- Great Barrier Reef Apt to Shijiazhuang Zhengding International cheap flights
- Bali flights
- Flights to Athens
- Cheap flights to Heathrow