Local departures to New York
New York overview
More and more of us are taking flights to New York. Why? Well, there's that small matter of the strong Aussie dollar. More flights and cheaper air fares are also playing their part in luring us over to the Big Apple. We're also going there to work. Australians are striking out in greater numbers; taking cheap flights to New York City to see if we can make it there.
And what do we want to see when we get there? Take your pick. New York is a world city, a mega city. The sights are blockbuster. Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, the Empire State Building and the Rockefeller Centre are all among the must-sees.
Culture pervades the streets. Broadway stages the newest openings and the old favourites too. The museums and galleries are world-class (and sometimes free!).
New Yorkers know how to spend their cash, but the stores know how to slash their prices to get shoppers through their doors, especially around Thanksgiving.
The streets themselves have high entertainment value, and you probably won't have long to wait before you spot an A-List actor or three.
Airports for New York
Cheapest flights to USA
How much do things cost in New York?
More information about New York
- You can find discounted airline tickets from the major airlines, but book early to get the best price.
- Booking a business trip or an unforgettable shopping break in New York? The Big Apple has it all.
- Getting around the city is relatively easy with loads of buses to choose from, the Subway and the famous yellow taxis.
- Choose from iconic landmarks including the Brooklyn Bridge and Times Square to the designer boutiques of Fifth Avenue.
- Virgin Atlantic and British Airways are two of the most popular airlines flying from the UK.
- Direct flights to New York operate frequently with airlines including Delta, American Airlines and Continental
- Get the most from your holiday and save. Compare prices, find deals and book last minute flights to New York today.