Local departures to Cairns
Cheap flights to Cairns are in high demand by international visitors. This region is the fourth-most popular destination for tourists after Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. It’s small wonder. Cairns is the gateway to a host of natural wonders that can’t be found anywhere else on the planet.
The city itself is pleasant, a noted backpacker hang-out, with lots of hotels and a throng of tour and package outlets. The climate sets the pace of life here. November to April is the wet season (think high temperatures and high humidity, rain and cyclones, but glorious, overflowing waterfalls and lush greenness). May to October is the dry season when temps are milder (in the high 20s) and that is when most visitors arrive on flights to Cairns.
The local star attraction is the esplanade, which includes a swimming lagoon and barbecue areas. There are weekly markets and regular live entertainment in Fogarty Park. Cairns Botanical Gardens and Hartley's Crocodile Adventures are worth a look too.
Lots of visitors will use the city as a base while they take day tours and enjoy extreme sports (such as white-water rafting, bungee jumping, sky diving). Cairns is also the launch pad for dive trips to the Great Barrier Reef. The Daintree Rainforest to the north features some plants that date from when dinosaurs roamed the land.
Airports for Cairns
Cheapest flights to Australia
How much do things cost in Cairns?
More information about Cairns
- It’s a short trip up the northern Australian coast for beaches with golden sand and warm turquoise water.
- Visit the links above to find great deals on flights to Cairns. Your Australian adventure begins here.
- Encircled by a beautiful rainforest, Cairns has more to offer than your standard tropical holiday destination.
- Fly in to Cairns International Airport, either direct from home, or catch an internal connecting flight.
- Cairns Wildlife Dome is great for nature lovers. It’s ideal for seeing all of Australia’s creatures up close.
- For those who are really looking for thrills, Cairns boasts a number of excellent skydiving schools.
- A stunning holiday city bathed in vivid colours, and the local people are as warm as the weather.
- Cairns is great for a romantic getaway with your partner, but also entertaining enough for a family holiday.
- The ultimate fusion, here you'll find relaxing spas and beaches mixed with bungee jumping and high-octane water sports.
- An ideal base-camp for visits to the Great Barrier Reef: undoubtedly one of the world’s premier diving experiences.
Other user searches
- London from Whitsunday Coast Airport flights
- Flights to Phuket
- Melbourne from Adelaide flights
- Flights Brisbane from Melbourne
- Cheap flights to French Polynesia