How much do things cost in Sion?
Loaf of white bread
A dozen eggs
Pack of Marlboro cigarettes
Bottle of beer (imported beer)
Imported beer (0.33 litre)
Coke/Pepsi (0.33 litre)
Local draught beer (0.5 litre)
Meal at McDonald's or similar
Clothing & Shoes
Pair of Nike shoes
Pair of jeans
How much does transport cost in Sion?
Taxi - fixed fee
1 km taxi journey
One-way ticket (local transport)
Petrol (1 litre)
Popular flight searches
Check out other popular destinations found by fellow travellers
More information about Sion
- The 12th-century Church-Fortress of Valais contains what is claimed to be the world’s oldest playable church organ.
- As capital of the Valais region, historic Sion is an excellent destination for a city break in Switzerland.
- Nearby St Leonard boasts Europe’s largest underground lake, found in 1945, Tours are available to the public
- Skiers in Sion have easy access to nearby resorts such as Nendaz, Verbier, Val d'Herens, and Val d'Anniviers.
- Sion’s Cathedral of Notre-Dame-du-Glarier dates back to the 1000's and is noted for its superb gilded triptych.
- Visit the links above to book cheap flights to Sion and make savings on a wonderful holiday in Switzerland.
- Endulge in wine tasting tours at the region’s many wineries and sample Valais specialities such as Dole and Fendant.
- Sample local melted cheese delicacies such as fondue and raclette at one of Sion’s traditional restaurants.
- Built by a 13th-century bishop, ruined medieval stronghold Tourbillon Castle offers panoramic views of the Rhone Valley.
- Sorcerer’s Tower, built in the 12th century, is a remnant of the old city walls that once fortified Sion.